Lezane's Ticking

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Kyla's Ticking

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Sense of Guilt

I have been feeling guilty towards Lezane and Kyla for not spending time with them over the weekends. For the past 2 mths of weekends, I have 'conveniently' put them with my in-laws as I need to buy things and pack things for the relocation. During week days, after work, I am always constantly in a rush to clean the house, do laundry, feed the kids, put them to bed and left with very little time to do any activities with them. At the very most, I can only read to the kids before bed time. It has been eons since I did artwork, lapbooks, etc with Kyla or even bring both out to shop/play. Most of the time, I left her to do unstructured arts and crafts by herself while i tidy up the house. She seemed ok with it but to me, this is all not very healthy for them and I. Well for lezane, he is never ever ready to sitting down with me to do structured activities, so I think he is just happy running about, beating his drums and hurling things around the house.

I am also feeling bad towards my mother in law who is 24/7 with them. She too hardly rests during this period of relocation, she doesn't have much time left for her housework and sewing business. She is indeed a very dedicated grandmother to my kids. I really cannot ask for more.

Really hope that once we have settled down in the new place, all things will fall nicely in place- with my in-laws having the time to do the things they want and not be tied down with my kids, and my kids enjoying their new home, new friends, new school and not forgetting that Weikai will like his job better.

No comments:

Post a Comment