Lezane's Ticking

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Kyla's Ticking

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, March 22, 2010

First Class Recce Trip To Beijing

My virgin trip to Beijing was on SQ 805 First Class seats. It was a very comfortable and enjoyable 6 hrs ride with the entire cabin for us only (but it gets kind of awkward as the attention was solely on us). Upon my insistence, Weikai reluctantly took photos for me on board to document my first virgin first class flight. I sneakily took a picture of him without flash too.
This trip to Beijing was mainly to source for a suitable accommodation for my family and to recce around what is /is not available in Beijing. Finally, after looking at 8-10 houses in a day, I have decided to stay at Liang Ma Qiao Diplomatic Residence Compounds at Sanyuanqiao [crossing my fingers now that his company will approve of the apartment.]. It is a new, modest 2 br + 1 study room apartment.

One thing I do not fancy about Beijing is the climate. The air is very dry and very dusty. Every car that passed by were covered with a layer of dust. Just only a short stay of 4 days, I came back with patchy and itchy skin and a bad throat. Just praying hard that Kyla n Lezane will be fit enough for such weather.

For school, I have also decided to enroll the kids into The Children House at Lufthansa Centre which is 10-15 min walk from our new home.

I am very glad that I managed to meet up with fellow Singaporean friends during this trip. It is/was a great feeling to know that I know some familiar faces in a very unfamiliar foreign land. It makes the relocation much easier and happier. Hope we can catch up more when I am in Beijing.


No comments:

Post a Comment