Lezane's Ticking

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Kyla's Ticking

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Resetting to Zero

We are going to shift to the land of Great Wall in less than a month's time soon. I am starting to wonder again if we had made the right decision to lead a 'normadic' life for the years to come.
Initially, the idea of living abroad sounds really exciting and interesting compared to the 'routine' life we had in Singapore. But as I started to prepare for our shift, I was thrown into a state of confused mind...

Our kids will have to constantly build and break friendships, switching schools (and at times likely to miss a couple of months of school), being 'forced' to adapting to new environment (be it in a liveable or non-liveable country)...Yes it is good exposure to them but is that what they want???Thankfully, now that my kids are still young and they have not grasped the concept of relocation- to them, it is like going to another place for a really long holiday. But there will come a point in time (around 10-11 yrs old, where they have their own mind) they will start to question me... "Mum, why are we leaving again... can we don't leave... I don't want to leave". or maybe by then, they are so used to moving around and cant wish to move each time.... :-)

A switch from a full-time working mum to a full-time housewife is something that I cannot really imagine myself doing right now. My only simple wish (but yet a tall order) for the coming years for myself is that I can be a happy domestic engineer and not one who will nag and grumble at my kids and hubby when things get really tough.

Well something to cheer about now is that due to this relocation, I can get a short 'getaway' with Weikai (without the kids) in a couple of days.



No comments:

Post a Comment