Lezane's Ticking

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Kyla's Ticking

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Life of a Domestic Engineer

My mother-in-law is away for hols and I have taken over her role as my children main care giver for a week. This time round, I have not planned anything for the week as Kyla was still schooling. Any outings or shopping was adhoc and slotted in as and when we have the time.

Every morning is a routine. I have to wake up at 7.30am to prepare Kyla and Lezane breakfast and get both of them ready for Kyla's school at 9am. For breakfast, I have tried to replace Kyla's daily biscuits with more nutritious meal such as sandwiches, buns, etc. However, she is still not eating much of it. I hope as the days goes by, I can change her mindset to eating healthier and hence getting less chubbier (which may be much to the dismay of my in-laws).

Before Kyla goes off into her class, she will remind me constantly for me to wait outside for her when the time arrives for me to pick her up. After sending Kyla to school, I will spend that two hours with Lezane before Kyla is back from school. Usually, we will take a stroll in his stroller (with him eating his breakfast) around the neighbourhood, going to coffeeshop to get breakfast, buy things from the provision shop etc. We will then end up in Ivy's house to get him more food and play with Randall.
At 11am, off we go on to the streets again to pick Kyla up from school. She will then start to share what she has done in class and 'show off' her worksheets to me (this must be my trait, i love doing that when I was young. I must say she has many similar traits as me). After 11am, it is time to feed them lunch and get them to nap. However, Kyla refuses to nap and sometimes we will end up going shopping (went to Lot 1 and Jurong Pt) or to the gym (Kidzamaze at Safra, Jurong). The gym had a weekday promotion and it costs only $15 for 3 kids and 2 adults - it is a very cheap way to spend the afternoon and burn-out the kids. We have also gone to Popo house for the weekly Heng gatherings and the kids entertained themselves with arts and crafts and walking around the neighbourhood.




Overall, I had an enjoyable time with the kids. Each morning, they greet me with kisses and broad smiles are all that I need to make me go through each day with energy and thankfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment