Lezane's Ticking

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Kyla's Ticking

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 17, 2010

A Month of Domesticated Life


Time flies....It has been a month plus since I have arrived in Beijing. When I first came to Beijing in Mar/Apr, it was still winter and now the weather is turning warmer and more acceptable for both the kids and I.

Initially, the idea of being a housewife sounded very daunting to me. I am always wondering whether I will be able to manage my two super active kids on my own without any help and enjoy full-time motherhood. Well after a month of adjustment, I must say I am slowly getting accustomed to life in Beijing and enjoying the 24/7 moments with my children (thou I must say at times, they can really get me on my nerves and causing me to lose my temper). I am also managing pretty well with cooking and housework too.

But there are some things that I do not fancy much about Beijing. I dislike people spitting in public. It is really gross and Lezane loves rolling on the floor when he gets upset (can you imagine how exasperated i can get when he does that). Everywhere is dried up sputum. Yucks. Public toilets are without doors and full of shit. There was once Kyla said.." eee.. so dirty... mummy i cannot shee shee... so smelly". She really held her pee till we could find a decent toilet.
No aircons in taxi (gosh, can you imagine how warm it gets when the sun is glaring at you) and very little airconditioning in cinemas (when you pay for SGD$10++ for a movie).

The positive part of this relocation, we can get to visit different places of interest every weekend and that happens on my favorite days of the week, Thurs and Sats (when Weikai is home and 'no-cook' days for me). On these days, we will venture out to do some sight seeing and try out the many yummy food in Beijing.

In summary, this one month plus had been eventful and enjoyable. Hope it will contd to be fun for me, for Kyla, for Lezane and for Weikai.

No comments:

Post a Comment