Lezane's Ticking

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Kyla's Ticking

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dealing with School

Kyla was thrown into a state of uncertainty starting from the first day of school. She greeted her mornings with wails and tears (till today) when she boarded the school bus. Every morning is a torture for her to go to school. Today, she was feeling the worst. She vomited once in the bus and another time in school.

I had expected (yes i have a set of expectations) that she would not react so adversely to taking the bus and attending a new school, for the fact that she attended a year of playgroup on her own last year and we had been reading and telling her about the funs of taking a school bus. I thought she would settle in quite fast. However, things just gets worse each day. Her sobs became cries and cries escalated to wails and vomit.

Now I start to question myself, maybe I shouldn't have switched schools for her. Maybe I could just teach Mandarin instead. maybe i should drive her to school instead. maybe i am subjecting her to too much changes...many 'maybes'. I thought that sending her to a bilingual school was the choice to make but it seemed that she was just not ready for the change. Her teachers and school bus uncle/aunty told me is a process. She will get used to it and will grow more independent. I should not worry too much.

Crossing my fingers that she will settle in soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment